The requirements at a glance
ASA participants should:
- be between 21 and 35 years of age, and
- preferably, be involved with the partner institution in their place of residence in a country in Africa, Asia, Latin America or South-East Europe, but not in a leadership position.
Ideally, ASA participants possess:
- knowledge about the activities and requirements of the specific project,
- an interest in global interdependencies,
- an openness to learning,
- willingness to work in teams with diverse backgrounds, and
- knowledge of the project language (English, French, Portuguese, or Spanish). Participants should be willing to learn German. Proficiency in English is a minimum requirement.
ASA participants are expected to:
- actively participate in all seminars and any special or networking seminars,
- reach out to partner institutions and actively contribute to the project,
- write a brief evaluation when the project phase is completed, and
- be open to intercultural learning processes and willing to discover new perspectives,
- be available for a six-month, full-time project phase (three months in Germany, three months in a country in Africa, Asia, Latin America or Southeast Europe), as well as for an individual preparation of the project phase in Germany and
- become deeply involved with the cooperating partner institutions.